Help: AEU Parties
The three main political parties of the AEU are:
Current leader: President Eric Best
- A very right-wing, authoritarian party, the Napas are very conservative and traditional - Union interests must come first.
Current leader: Kaisa Rebane
- A slightly right-wing/moderate party that is heavily focused on corporate growth and the benefits privatization of many government-controlled industries would bring to the Union.
Current leader: Ginevra Culwyn
- A slightly left-wing party with a focus on environmental issues and progressive thinking, including connections with other alliances.
The most notable minor political parties of the AEU are:
PEOPLE'S EXTRASOLAR UNION
Current leader: Edward van Dannikin
- A very right-wing and authoritarian party, the successor to the Union Action Party and rabidly anti-EAOS, Accord, and unreg. Main policies include complete separation from the other alliances, but some statements have suggested they would rather see the other alliances dissolved.
Current leader: Lord Oswald Cholmondeley
- A moderate/slightly right-wing party that wants to see reform within the Union to give greater power to civil servants and bureaucracy, feeling that the short terms of politicians who have no interest in longer term goals can only harm the Union in the long run, while civil servants are permanent.
Current leader: Holly Trevors
- A very left-wing party that split from Green Earth a decade ago. They hold extreme environmental views when compared to Green Earth and would like to see humanity undo much of the changes they have done on the various worlds, including 'undoing the damage done by terraforming'.
Current leader: Natalie Harrison
- A single-issue party focused exclusively on wanting to expand the rights of civilian pilots - such as increased freedom of movement and the end of the pilot tariff.
AD ASTRA PER ASPERA
Current leader: Fitzgerald Kennedy
- A left-wing party focused on science, exploration, and continued growth of both human knowledge and space. Once seen as the 'third party', in the last decade Ad Astra Per Aspera has haemorrhaged members and now has very little weight behind it.
All original work located on this site and within Star Conquest is copyright Squidsoft.net 1998-2019, unauthorised reproduction prohibited.